London’s newest luxury hotel, Bvlgari Hotels & Residences, opened its doors in May 2012, giving affluent travelers from around the world an inside peek at what being draped in Bvlgari might feel like. The hotel holds one of the most coveted addresses in Knightsbridge and is just steps from designer boutiques, trendy restaurants and Harrods. The hotel oozes sophistication, class and elegance, and brings a bit of Bvlgari’s history to every inch of its space. Here are five things you should know about London’s latest jewel:
1. It’s situated in London’s most lavish location. The hotel is located in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most prestigious and coveted neighborhoods. It’s steps from Harrods and Hyde Park, making it convenient as well as luxurious. All guests receive an “in-residence calling card” when they check in, which can be handed to anyone you meet during your stay. For instance, give the card to a driver so they know where to drop you off or pass it to a personal shopper so your purchases can be delivered directly to your room.
2. It has a movie theater. The Bvlgari Hotel & Residences features a 47-seat private screening room, complete with individual leather chairs and tray tables. The cinema is dedicated to Sir Richard Attenborough (actor, film director, producer and current President of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art) and hosts an Italian-themed Sunday brunch (the á la carte menu offers sea bass carpaccio, aubergine caviar and risotto) and family-friendly movie.
3. The spa is amazing. The two-floor Bvlgari Spa is a haven of serenity. The calming journey starts on the first floor with an 82-foot pool, vitality pool, and experience showers (opt for an ice or rain shower) in the locker rooms, complete with ice fountains and cooling showers. The second floor is where you’ll find the relaxation room, wrapped in dark fabrics and accented by a fireplace. Each individual lounge chair is nestled between curtains, separating you from everyone else so you can truly immerse in the lap of luxury.
4. The guest rooms are uniquely designed. Each of the 85 Bvlgari Hotel & Residences guest rooms pays homage to Bvlgari in a unique and distinctive way. The traditional Bvlgari silver color palette is used throughout the rooms and hallways. An exclusively designed Bvlgari traveler’s trunk opens to reveal a custom-built mini-bar, and Bvlgari toiletries await in the bathroom, as does a rain shower and full soaking tub. The headboard and drapes in each guestroom are hand-embroidered with an outline of the original Bvlgari brooch.
5. It’s a fun place to hangout. Bvlgari Hotel & Residences has become a hot spot for London locals, as well as traveling guests. The focal point of Il Bar is a silver hammered-effect circular bar. Guests can enjoy bar-side seating or choose to sit in any of the tables surrounding the bar. The dark mahogany walls add to the elusive and elegant space. Through a winding staircase you’ll access Il Ristorante, which serves contemporary Italian cuisine headed by Chef Robbie Pepin. The tables are dressed in white linens and Bvlgari cutlery. After dinner, head back upstairs to the Bvlgari designed cigar lounge, or sip rare liquors in the library bar. Tip: Don’t miss the wall of black-and-white photographs in the library bar of Hollywood icons dressed in Bvlgari jewels!
Courtesy of Bvlgari
Tags: Bvlgari Hotels & Residences, London